Tuesday 4 February 2014

Front cover and contents page + Feedback



Nicola Thomas
Front cover- I like that the singer's name is in a cursive font and big as it stands out and that the singer is in front of the text. You can see a link between the front cover and the contents through the colour scheme and 'speech bubbles', however I don’t like the colour scheme and the fact that the colour scheme and the artist dress is the same colour.
Contents page- I like the way the contents page is laid out and the cover story is clearly stated. I don’t think that a picture of the editor is needed.


Maneet Bakshi
For the front cover has a lot going on although I find it effective although I don’t feel like blue and yellow doesn’t fit the old skool r&b genre I think that red and purple would be more genre appropriate also the mise en scene used (dress) would be better on the double page as she could use a long shot which would show it off better. I think the model should be more on one side so more text could fit on the cover. You can see a relation between the front page and contents page. I like that the masthead and issue date is on the contents page but i think the issue date should be directly underneath it. I think the graphics should be in various colours not matching the colour scheme so they are able to stand out. I like the cut out images I think this would be effective.

Jessica Irapiah
I like the front cover, I feel that it looks professional However it looks too complex and cluttered. The contents page has a good layout and use of colour but there should be more accuracy and there should say what type of shots will be used where the images are.

No comments:

Post a Comment