Saturday 18 January 2014

Questionnaire Rationale

      1. What age group do you have access to?

     Because the secondary school is connected to the sixth form I will have access to 11-19 year olds. I also plan to do research on older people (20-24); this is so that I have a wider knowledge of what my target audience would like to see on the front on a music magazine. My target audience will depend on the results collected from the questioners.

       2. What types of research will you conduct and why?

     First I will conduct a questionnaire to get a general idea of what type of music genre people like and, the target age I will be aiming at. I will also include a preference list as this will tell me how to structure my magazine and what and what not to include. My questionnaire 2will be on paper and I will explain the questions further once I post the results. I will post the results as quantitative data.
    The next step for me is to do a focus group in the focus group I will ask more open and extended questions. I plan to do an activity which will involve the participants to choose fonts, images etc.. layout the masthead, coverlines etc.. How they would like to see it. This will also give me a better idea of how to layout my magazine, shots to use and what ‘style’ to go for.

       3. What resources will you need?
   
     Resources I will be using are: a video camera to record my findings from the focus group. I will also use different style and genre music magazine covers, contents pages and double-paged spreads for my research questions. And lastly, cut outs of fonts, different sized shots, barcodes, that are different sizes and, images (for the activity). 


No comments:

Post a Comment